Monday, July 30, 2012

I Hate Going To The Store


Really I Do. She Has No Idea What The Inside Of The Grocery Store Looks Like. I Have Done The Shopping For Quite A Few Years Now. I Refuse To Go At The First Of The Month When All The Stores Are Jammed Packed.
Today Is An Example Of Why I Hate Stores. I Needed A Battery. The Closest Place Was A Drug Store. I Swear After Today I Will Never Step Foot In This Particular Drug Store Again.
I Walk In, Only One Counter Person Behind The Counter. Three People In Line. I Selected My Battery And Got In Line. The Cashier Informed Us We Were Standing In The Wrong Place. That Register Was Not Working. We All Shifted To The Only Working Register. This Register Was Located At The Photo Station. The Customer Was There To Pick Up her Photo's. The Person In Front Of Me Had A 5-6 Year Old Boy Who Took Her Cash Purse. She Was Chasing Him Throughout The Store. I Asked The Cashier If I Could Just Leave My Money And Leave. She Informed Me She Had To Ring It Up. I Was Hurting For Time And I Kept Checking My Watch. I Knew Once The Lady Got Her Photo's Selected The Customer In Front Of Me Could Not Stay In Line And Chase This Little Boy Around. Can You Believe This Lady Was Ooowing And Awwwing Over These Photo's. She Even Took A Couple Photo's Out Of The Envelope To Show Her Grand Daughter's Soccer Game. I Gave Her A Stern Look When She Wanted To Include Me In This Fiasco. Finally The Lady Moved On And The Customer In Front Of Me Used A Couple Colorful Words To This Child To Get Her Purse Back. I Am Going To Count To Ten, She Said. You Know What Happens When I Get To Ten. She Starts Off With One, Then Two. Before She Could Get To Three I Said Eight, Nine, Ten. The Boy Told Me I Counted Too Fast. I Told Him I Knew The Boogy Man And If He Didn't Give Her The Purse I Was Sending Him Over To His House When It Got Dark. At This Point In Time I Really Didn't Want To Be Standing In Line For This Stinking Battery. The Boy Handed Over The Purse And After All Of This It Finally Came My Turn. Well I Thought She Was About To Check Me Out. She Noticed Her Register Tape Was Jamming And She Had To Fix It Right There In Front Of Me. I Informed Her I Didn't Need A Receipt. Just Ring Me Up And I Will Be On My Way. I Need To Fix This Because It's Jamming Up Inside The Register. I Told Her One Employee Is Not Enough. Every Time I Come In Here There Is Only One Person At A Cash Register. She Looks At Me And Ask Me For My Discount Card. I Told Her I Didn't Have One. Really I Did But Wanted To Get Through This Transaction As Quickly As Possible. She Then Ask If I Wanted To Apply For A Discount Card. I Told Her No, I Just Want To Pay For My Battery. She Say's Ok, That Will Be 2.63. I Looked At Her And Told Her I Was Intending On Buying Them At The Nearest Gas Station But This Store Was Closest. I Looked At Her And Said I Changed My Mind On The Battery. You Won't See Me In Here Again. I'm Already Late For Where I Am Going And I Can Live Without The Battery. She Then Gets On Her Loud Speaker And Request The Manager For A Void. I Just Smiled As I Was Leaving.
As I Walked Out That Door I Just Kept Reminding Myself I Was Never Ever Coming Back Again. I Am Thankful Not All Of My Store Experiences Are Like This. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment