Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blood Thicker Than Water?


Have You Ever Wondered Where Some Of These Saying Came About? I Guess The Origin Really Doesn't Matter. Of Course I Don't Always Agree With These Old Sayings But I Do Find Humor In Some Of Them.
Today Being Mothers Day, This Photo I Selected Because My Mother And Sister Is The Reason I Celebrate This Day.
Brenda Was Born On This Date In 1959. Her Birthday And Wedding Anniversary Always Celebrated On The 8Th Of May. She Always Considered It A Bonus When All Three Landed On The Same Date.
Even Though My Mother Never Actually Gave Birth To Brenda She Became One Of The Miller Clan Anyway. Even Though Miller Blood Never Ran Through Her Veins She Was A Miller Just The Same. Our Family Is Blended Within It's Branches. Not Only With Brenda But Other Members As Well. I Have Always Been An Advocate Of Not Associating Foster, Step Or Half Relatives. Once You Begin Titling Names You Begin Separating Yourself And Establishing A Distance. I Dropped Foster Many Years Ago When It Came To My Sister Brenda. Not Only Did She Need An Established Family, I Needed Her As A Sister.
To My Niece Amanda. I Understand Your Tears Today. You Have Every Right To Shed Them. This Day In Remembrance Of Her Life, And We Shall Also Celebrate It. A Day We Can Reflect And Cherish The Memories We Have Of Her. Sadness We Share Because We All Miss Her Presence In Our Life. Left Is A Huge Void That Can Never Be Filled. This Void Will Always Be A Reminder Of The Times We Shared.
To My Mother. Happy Mothers Day. I Salute Your Service As A Mother Of So Many. Being A Foster Parent Gave You The Opportunity Of Being Called Mom As Well As Grandma To The Ones Who Were Not Actually Blood Related.
For Some, Blood Is Thicker Than Water. For Us, Just Another Notch On The Trunk Of The Family Tree.
Happy Mothers Day To You And Everyone Else.

4 comments:

  1. It was beautiful!!
    Thank you.
    you guys are the only family I grew up with. I never thought of you as a "foster" family because that is not what my mother thought!!
    To her you wer just Mom, Dad, brothers, and a sister. the only family she had. Yes, she had a biological family but there was always a distance between them. You were the ones that were there when she needed you. And that is why I am proud to call you family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad to hear that Mandy.....I remember the day you were born. I had just gotten out of the Navy about a week or so before, and was able to be here for your birth.......I was very happy to be an uncle..........

    ReplyDelete