Saturday, September 22, 2007

Using The Right Ammo......


I Just Love Bowling. Whenever You Do Poorly You Can Always Blame It On The Ball. Now You Can Spend Some Quality Time With It And Give It A Good Talking To.
You Can Always Plead Your Case With Your Ball. Explain To It That It Can Be Replaced If It Doesn't Perform Properly. This Can Be A Give And Take Relationship. I Take And The Ball Is Suppose To Give. In Exchange For It's Good Performance I Promise My Ball Free Room And Board In A Nice Cozy Carpeted Cubicle. Securely Locked To Ensure A Safe Environment. In Addition I Give My Ball One Day Each Week To Mingle With Other Balls So It Can Have A Social Experience. I Don't Think I'm Asking Too Much From A Brainless 14 Pounds Of Plastic.
This Appears To Be A One Sided Relationship That Is Not Producing Good Results. My Ball And I Have Had A Good Relationship For More Than A Year And Half. I Thought We Had An Understanding But Apparently I Was Wrong.
My Ball Has Failed Me And Today I Made The Decision To Replace It. I Found My New Love In A Catalog And Was Promised To Be Drilled And Ready To Go On Wednesday. My New Ball Is 2 Pounds Lighter And More Attractive Than My Present One. I Called The Previous Owner Of My Ball And Offered It Back To Him Since It Was His Hand That It Was Drilled For In The First Place. I Left A Message On His Voice Mail.
When Wednesday Arrives My Old Ball Will Come Back Home. There Is No Place For It Any Longer. I Refuse To Hang On To It For Old Time Sake. I Refuse To Allow It To Clutter My Home. So As Of Wednesday My Ball Becomes Homeless. I Can't Bring Myself To Just Handing It Over To A Stranger So I Have Decided To Privately Bury It. I Will Bury It In My Back Yard.
The Bowling Season Is Only 5 Weeks Old. Still Plenty Of Time To Get Acquainted With My New Ball And Instruct To It What I Expect from It. I Will Offer It The Same Benefits As The Other Ball. If It Fails Me I Will Have To Bring It Home And Show It Where Useless Balls That Refuse To Perform End Up. If That Fails Then I Just May Have Started A New Trend Of The Bowling Ball Graveyard.

Just Call Me Mac......

4 comments:

  1. Have you thought about just keeping your old ball? Some people find that they perform better with two balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny......especially Jan's comment.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say weights are better for bowlers. All you have to do is make sure they are as long as the alley and roll them down the gutters and the bar knocks the pins down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say weights are better for bowlers. All you have to do is make sure they are as long as the alley and roll them down the gutters and the bar knocks the pins down.

    ReplyDelete