Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Not Spring Until You Walk Your Monkey.......


That Was The Heading Of An Article Written By A Commercial News Columnist Back In The Mid 1980's. I Believe It Was About Mid March of 86 Or 1987. It Seemed To Be A Very Long Winter And Many People In The Danville Area Were Hungry For Spring.
Brandi Was Her Name And She Was A Papio Baboon. Billie And I Purchased Her When She Was Only 9 Months Old. I Have Numerous Stories That Involved Brandi And The Wonderful Moments We Shared Together. This Is The First Of A Series Of Story's Of Life With Brandi.
I Dressed Bandi Always In One Of Those One Piece Jumpsuits With Feet In Them. Ofcourse I had To Cut The Feet Sections Out In Order To Accommodate Her Hand-Like Tootsie's. Ofcourse She Was Always Diapered And Bathed By Me.
Anyway, Back To The Article. This Article Written By Commercial News Columnist Chuck Carpenter. It Told Of All The Sure Signs That Spring Has Finally Sprung! The Sighting Of The First Robin. The Opening Of The Local Custard Cup Ice Cream Shop.
I Too Took Advantage Of The Springlike Temperatures And Decided It Was A Beautiful Day For A Walk. On The Outside Of Her Jump Suit I Had A Medium Size Dog Harness That I Had To Turn Around So That She Couldn't Reach Her Little Hands To The Harness Strap. I Then Put A 10 Foot Leash On Her And Off We Went. I Walked Her Just Like You Would Walk Your Dog. So Apparently Mr Carpenter Had Seen Us That Day On His Lunch Break And It Finally Registered To Him And All The Others That Day.
It's Not Spring until You Walk Your Monkey!

Just Call Me Mac........

No comments:

Post a Comment