Friday, October 25, 2013

Yes, This Is Going To Be About Bowling Again. Where To Stand, Where To Throw. Move To The Left, Move To The Right. Move Up, Move Back. Hold The Ball High, Hold It Lower. Why Does It Have To Be So Difficult? I Have A 14 Pound Ball Traveling Down 60 Feet Of A Bowling Lane. Why Can't It Be More Simpler?
There Have Been Days I Would Go To My Bowling Center And Bowl Very Well, Only To See The Very Next Day The Results To Be The Opposite. The Old Phrase Of Practice Makes Perfect Was Just That, A "Phrase". However Today Something Happened. The Light Bulb Came On. In All Of My Years Of Frustration Of Trying To Get It Right, May Have Led Up To The Results I Got From It Today. My Biggest Problem In My Bowling Is The Inconsistency Of Putting The Ball Into The Pocket. By The Way, In The Sport Of Bowling The Pocket Is Where You Want The Ball To Be In Order For All Ten Pins To Fall Down.
I Left The Bowling Center With A Smile Today. For Years I Have Left Scratching My Head Trying To Figure Out Why I Have So Much Problem Being Consistent. Sometimes It Can Be In Your Rhythm On The Approach Or The Condition Of The Lane Itself. It Has Become An Obsession To Me. There Are Not Very Many Types Of Sports I Can Participate In At My Age. I Only Wish I Took It More Seriously In Years Past. I Could Have Been A Better Bowler Years Ago. Maybe It Wouldn't Have Taken So Long For That Light Bulb To Finally Turn On. Of Course Practice Sessions Don't Mean Anything. It's All About League Play. Statistics On Paper Separates Practice And Real Competition. Now If I Start Getting Results From All Of My Practice Sessions I May Be leaving The Bowling Center A Happier Person. Many Times I Have Left With My Head Hanging In Shame.
I Suppose Next Week Will Be Pretty Much Like Put Up Or Shut Up. I Am Pretty Pumped Up Due To The Results Of Today. Hopefully I Keep That Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment