Monday, October 7, 2013

Germ Fanatic? I Suppose I Am........

Hospitals, Doctor's Office, Schools And Most Public Places Can Be A Scary Place For Those Who Fear Germs. Bacteria Just Looming Around Waiting To Attack An Unsuspecting Soul.
I Suppose It All Started With A Cough Or Sneeze Or Maybe A Handshake. "Somebody" Blessed Me With Tuberculosis Way Back In The 1980's. I Was Selling TV's And VCR's. It Was Dead In The Winter Months. I Became Ill One Day And My Family Doctor Ordered A Battery Of Test To Find Out My Problem. Long Story Short, I Had What They Referred To As Inactive Tuberculosis. I Could Not Pass It On To Anyone. I Was On The Receiving End Of The Ailment. Of Course It Was My Doctor's Duty To Report This Case To County Health Officials. They Had Asked If I Had Been Around Anyone Who Has Been Sneezing Or Wheezing Or Maybe Coughing A Lot. Wellll, It Was Winter Time And Yes A Lot Of That Was Going On. From That Point On I Became More Aware Of My Surroundings. I Found Myself Using My Knuckle To Push The Elevator Button. My Shirt Sleeve To Turn A Door Knob.
Someone Told Me It Would Be A Good Gesture On My Part If I Would Donate Children's Books To Pediatrics. I Believe Some People Mean Well But A Little Common Sense Can Go A Long Way. Your Child May Be There To Receive A Shot Required By Their School. Whooping Cough, The Flu, Or Even The Common Cold. The Office Is Full Of All Kinds Of Germs. Magazines Or Books Are The Worse Things That Can Be Laying Around A Doctor's Office.
I Will Admit My Immune System Is Low And I Am Taking Supplements To Help With That. Just A Little Common Sense Can Keep The Nasty's A Distance From You.
I Don't Believe I Have Reached The Point Where I Would Be Considered A Germ Fanatic. I Am However Quite Aware Of My Surroundings. Things I Touch And People I Am Around.
I Ask That If You Are Sick, Please Keep Your Distance From Me. I'm Not Interested In Your Sharing.







No comments:

Post a Comment