Saturday, November 2, 2013

Turn Your Clock Back

Tonight We Set Our Clocks Back 1 Hour. Why Just One Hour? I Wish For One Time I Could Set The Clock Back To A Time That I Could Make A Difference In My World. Most That Know Me Know I Would Go Back To The Night My Son Shot And Killed Himself. I Can't Imagine Going Back Any Further Than That Because I Am Content With My Life And Those Who Are In It. I Cannot Imagine My Life Without My Loved Ones In It.
Just The Other Day Billie Asked Me If I Still Thought Of Bobby. I Told Her Everyday, Then I Broke Down In Tears. I Am Sorry I Did This Because It Was Her Birthday. I Didn't Want To Spoil Her Day But Really I Didn't Know Where It Came From. It's Been Awhile Since I Last Cried So Hard For Bobby. Considering It's Been Almost Three Years I Miss Him Just As If It Were Yesterday. Those Who Have Never Lost A Child Have No Idea. The Feeling Of Emptiness Is So Overwhelming. I Would Have Traded Places In A Heart Beat. If Only I Could Turn That Clock Back To The Early Morning Hours Of  December 29th, 2010. I Am Certain I Could Have Changed What Happened That Night.
Yes I Realize I Am Wishing For Something That Could Never Be. If I Was Granted Just One Wish In This World, That's What It Would Be. Forget All The Wealth In The World, Money, Cars, Trips. None Of It Really Matters Without The Ones You Love.
I Have Suffered From Depression For As Long As I Can Remember. It's Nothing To Be Ashamed Of. To Look At Me You Could Never See It. Depression Strikes Millions Of People All Over The World. It Took Me Many Years Before I Could Look At Myself In The Mirror. I Found A Friend In Jesus. My Relationship With Him Is Special. He Truly Understands Why I Think The Way I Do. It's Because Of Him I Can Continue My Life Here On Earth. I Will Never Recover From Losing My Son. I Can Only Be Thankful For The Ones I Have In My Life Today, Which I Am Very Grateful.
At The Stroke Of Midnight My Mind May Be On Wishing It Were December 29th 2010, Yet In Reality It's Just A New Beginning For A New Day. Even Though I Don't Have The Powers To Turn Time Back, I Can Though Be Thankful For The Memories Of Yesteryear.













No comments:

Post a Comment