Sunday, September 25, 2011


What A Blessing It Is To Give. It Took Me Some Years To Really Find This Blessing And How It Makes Me Feel. I Think A Lot Of It Is Because I Had Been A Recipient At Times And I Truly Felt Blessed. I Never Considered It A Big Deal When I Gave Because I Have Been On Both Sides In Giving And Receiving.
I Would Prefer To Give Anonymously Because I Don't Want To Make A Big Deal About My Giving. It's The Need That Should Be Recognized, And Not The Giving.
There Are Scriptures In The Bible Instructing Us To Help The Poor. There Will Always Be Poor People. My Reason For Giving Has No Biblical Purpose Behind It. Goodwill Toward Man Was Etched Into My Being From My Father. For As Long As I Can Remember My Father Guided Us In The Direction In Helping Others First And Foremost. For Example, When We Were Young And Eager To Make Money Shoveling Snow, My Father Told Us After We Shoveled Our Own Walk We Must First Shovel The Walks Of Our Neighbors And Charge Them No Money. That Example Made An Impression On Me About Priorities. From Then On I Have Always Tried To Remember Other's Needs. There Are Those Who I Would Consider Meek And Would Not Ask For Anything. That's Why We Should Always Be Aware Of Our Surroundings And Watch For Signs From Those Who Could Use Some Extra Help.
At Times I Get Frustrated At People Who Are Not Thankful. Some Expect To Be Helped Time And Time Again. These Are The Takers In Life. A Simple Thank You Is Sufficient Enough For Me. No Big Deal On My Part In Giving. As Long As I Know The One I Am Giving To Appreciates It. There Are Too Many In The World Who Are Thankful. I Try Not To Question The Need. I Believe Once We Start Questioning The Need Our "Give List" Gets Smaller. Not Everything Is As It Appears.
We Will Never Win The War On Poverty. If We Had More Givers Than Takers The World Would Be Better Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment