Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Everything Is Shrinking


I Recently Polled My Friends On Facebook About The Price Of Gas. Actually It Wasn't About Price At All. It Had Everything To Do With Consumption. My Father Mentioned To Me That Products On The Shelves Of The Grocery Stores Are Shrinking. For Example He Saw An Advertizement For A Half A Gallon Of Ice Cream. When He Went To Purchase It, He Noticed It Was Not A Half Gallon. They Made The Box Smaller. He Mentions It To Management, I Don't Remember What Their Response Was. The Price Is Reduced And So Was The Product. Today I Went To Purchase My Microwave Popcorn. Same Familiar Box Which Appeared To Be Thinner. I Read It Only Contained 3 Bags Instead Of It's Usual 4.
Back To My Facebook Friends. As Follows Is The Message I Had For These Friend.

"I'm not all the great in math. Really I'm not. Help me figure this out. If gas is 3.60 and I spent $36.00, how many gallons of gas did I get?"

I Posted This In My Status On Monday. As Of Tuesday I Didn't Get A Correct Response. I Did Not Ask The Question To Be A Smart Alek. I Wanted To See How Many Of Us Would Be Observant. With The Price Of Gas Being One Of The Most Common Conversations Between People, Can Be More Complicated Than You Realize. How Much Is Gas Today? How Much Will Gas Be Tomorrow?
The Answer To The Gas Question Is 9 Gallons Of Gas. As Advertized On Every Gas Sign Is The Price Of 9/10th Of A Gallon. This Measurement Has Been In Existance For As Long As I Can Remember. You Don't Get An Actual 1 US Gallon. Gasoline Is Measured By 10Ths Of Gallons. I'm Not Questioning Anyone's Math Ability. I'm Bringing Awareness To These Issues. Yes It May Be Best For Everyone In The Long Haul. Over A Period Of Time. That's With The Exception To The Gas Prices.
So In Essence, For Every 10 Gallon Of Gas, You Lose One Gallon. Yet Pay For What You Think Is In Gallons, But Rather Of 9 10/ths Of A Gallon.
File This Blog Under Useless Information. Just Sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment