Monday, October 25, 2010

I Baptize You In The Name Of The Father, The Son, And WARMER TEMPERATURES!



During Our Weekly Euchre Lesson Today I Learned Yet Another Tidbit Of Information About The Grandfather I Had Never Met. As Mentioned In A Previous Blog My Father's Father Passed Away Before I Was Born. I Asked My Father To Someday Sit Down And Write About The Grandfather I Never Had The Pleasure To Meet.
I Had Mentioned To My Brother Tuck Today That Maybe He Could Mention To His Pastor That The River That Runs Through Ellsworth Park Would Be An Ideal Place To Perform Baptism. This Is When My Father Spoke Up And Said His Dad Baptized Even In The Winter Months.
They Would Actually Break Into The Ice And Clear Enough Of It Away To Baptize In The Winter Months. For Those Who Love The Lord And Don't Want To Wait Till Spring Rev Miller Would Baptize You.
As For Me, I Would Have A Very Long Prayer Session With God. I'm Sure("May")He Would Understand.

2 comments:

  1. It was chilly in late Sept (1952) in Ellsworth Park. I can't imagine the cold water that The GALLOWAY CHAPEL people endured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad said he wished he could remember some of things he has told you about his dad. I think he should start by writing things down.

    ReplyDelete