Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Voted & Maintained My Personal Goal


Say What?
Yes, I Tried To Cheat At Voting This Week. Last Week I Called The Election Board To Inquire As To When The Deadline Was For Absentee Voting. I Was Told I Could Come In Up To The Day Before(Monday).
Yes I Know Some People Don't Believe In Voting Early. I Never Voted Absentee Before Other Than When I Was Serving In The Navy. However Since I Moved To The East Side And Was Told I Would Be Voting At The College I Was Turned Off Immediately. Why You Ask? I Assumed Being At The College It Must Be The Central Voting Location For The Entire East Side. WRONG! I Had To Pass Up Fire Station Number 4 Which Has A Polling Place To Get To My Polling Place. They Sure Don't Set It Up To Be The Nearest One To You Anymore.
Ok Back To My Story. I Went To The Election Office Yesterday To Attempt To Vote. I Gave Them My Drivers License And They Found Me To Be An Eligible Voter. They Printed Out A Paper That Had All My Vital Information As To Who I Am And Where I Live. I Was Asked To Check A Box As To Why I Was Unable To Vote In The Election On Tuesday.
Reasons Such As Being An Election Judge, Out Of The Country, Serving On Jury Duty, Etc. Well.... I Could Not Find The Appropriate Box Which Pertained To Me. I Told Them I Called Last Week And They Told Me I Could Vote Absentee Up Until Monday. They Informed Me I Could Have Voted Absentee Without Showing Cause Up To Last Friday.
They Then Looked At Me And Asked If There Was A Reason I Didn't Want To Go To My Polling Place. I Confessed I Don't Like Lines. They Laughed And Assured Me There Would Be No Line. To Be Truthful About It, I Have A Perfect Record Of Voting And Never Having To Stand In Line. Since This Election Is Not Considered A Major Election They Told Me They Expected A Very Low Turnout.
Ok, I Gritted My Teeth After I Passed The Fire Station On My Way To The College. I Walked In And They Were Correct In Their Assessment, No Line. Nobody Was In There Other Than The Election Judges.
Ok, I Dodged The Crowd This Time And Still Maintain My Perfect Voting Record Without Standing In Line. I Realize The Next Time I Won't Be So Lucky. Yet Again I Just May Make Another Trip To The Election Office, But This Time On The Right Day!

MY BIGGEST FEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment