Saturday, June 9, 2012

War And Peace


I'm Not Sure Why I Included Peace In The Title. War Is One Of The Ugliest Words I Know. There Has Been War Since The Beginning Of Time. I Believe That Will Be What Brings An End To This World As We Know It.
A Soldier From This Area In Which I Live Was Killed Recently. Services Will Be Held Tomorrow, Then Laid To Rest In A Near By Cemetery. A Tragedy Like This Reminds Us How A Senseless Death Can Change Your Views In Every Sense Of The Word. Morally And Politically, Are Extreme Opposites In Describing War. In Just My 57 Years Of Living I Have Known War More Than Peace. Political Wars, Or Shall I Call It Conflict, Yet What Ever You Decide To Call It, The End Result Is The Same. Thousands Of American Soldiers Lose Their Life In Exchange For A Foreigner's Freedom. Yes You Heard That Correctly. The Wars Of Past And Present Are Because The United States Feel It Must Police The Entire World. For Thousands Of Years Nations Declared War On Their Neighbor Due To Political Differences. I Disagree With My Country's View On World Peace. I Don't Believe We Should Sacrifice As Many Lives To Obtain Peace. However I Do Believe Everyone Of Our Soldier Should And Would Protect American Soil. The Last Time We Were Attacked By Another Nation Was In WW2 When Japan Bombed Pearl Harbor. The September 11th Terrorist Attack On The Twin Towers In New York And The Pentagon Building In Washington Was That Of A Political Organization. It Was My Opinion That Since Osama Bin Laden Was Responsible For These Attacks They Would Go After Him In The Country In Which He Has Lived. Afghanistan Should Have Been The First Nation We Looked For This Evil Person. You Don't Go To War With A Nation Because A Political Organization Is From There. You Go After That Organization. Instead We Go To Iraq And Declare Their Ruler A War Criminal Who Refuses To Tell Where His Weapons Of Mass Destruction Are Hidden. He Was Tried And Convicted And Hung To Death. Yes He Was An Evil Man. He Deserved To Die For All The Deaths He Was Responsible For During His Reign. However I Disagreed With The US Going Into That Country And Changing Their Government. Keep In Mind These Eastern Nations Have Been Fighting For Thousands Of Years. The Billions Of Dollars We Have Spent To Support People That Live In A Different Land, Could Be Better Spent On Americans And Their Struggle With Health Care. Hunger Across This Country Increases Daily. The Taxes We Pay Should Go Toward Programs That Improve The Quality Of Life.
Lance Cpl. Joshua Witsman I Salute You. You Are One Of Many American Hero's. If Your Death Would Tell A Story Let It Be That You Sacrificed Your Life For The Service To Your Country. Whether It Be Foreign Or Domestic Soil You Solemnly Swore; (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
(b) Who May Administer.— The oath may be taken before the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary of Defense, any commissioned officer, or any other person designated under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense.
Joshua, Many Of Us Will Bow Our Heads In Sorrow And Gratefulness For Your Sacrifice. May God Bless Your Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment