Saturday, June 2, 2012

Heaven's Gentle Giant

This Week Heaven Inherited A Wonderful Human Being. Our Worlds Loss Became Heaven's Gain. At Times Like This I Just Cannot Understand Why God Takes A Person Like Marc Williams. Let Me Give You A Brief History Of The Marc I Knew.
I First Met Marc When He Worked At Steak N Shake Restaurant. He Attended School With Billie Jo. They Were Both In The Same Class In Tilton Grade School. They Then Went On To South View Junior High School. Billie Shared With Me How The School Kids Would Pick On Marc. He Had A Speech Impediment And Walked With A Limp. Billie Befriended Him Early On And The Two Were Lifetime Friends. When Billie Introduced Me To Marc, His Charming Personality Shined Brighter Than His Disability. Soon You Never Heard The Slurred Speech. I Think What I Found The Most Re'marc'able About Him Was In Spite Of Those Who Poked Fun At Him His Personality Molded Around It. Instead Of Getting Mad At People For Their Childish Ways He Forgave Them. His Faith In God Shined His Every Day. Marc Became A Walking Talking Instrument For True Forgiveness. He Had The Ability To Find Humor In Our Everyday World. He Found His Way Into Your Heart.
Again I Cannot Understand Why God Took Him So Young. He Loved The Lord And His Life Here On Earth Benefited More Than What It Would In Heaven. Heaven Is For Eternity. So Why Not Let This Earthly Man Walk This Land And Witness Unto Others How Forgiveness Really Works? I Shared My Confusion With Billie Last Night. I Tearfully Told Her I Was Confused. God Took A Man Who Would Better Serve Him On Earth Than That In Heaven. Marc Was An Inspiration To Be Around. Marc Had Epilepsy And He Experienced Seizures While Growing Up. Just Another Reason For Kids To Poke Fun Of Him. He Was Different Than Them But That Never Discouraged Marc. He Was Determined To Defeat The Bully With Kindness And Forgiveness.
Looking At Marc William's Life Is A Lesson Learned. He Has Shown Me How To Forgive. He Has Taught Me How Humor Can Stand Taller Than Ridicule. Marc Williams Life Ended Too Soon. Just Another Example Of Us Asking Why So Soon? It Makes No Sense. I Will Never Forget Montgomery Marc Williams. His Every Day Living Taught Us About Love. Love Is First And Foremost.
I Will Always Cherish My Encounters With Marc When I Would Run Into Him At The VA Hospital Or The Post Office. He Made A Difference In My Life. You Can't Remember Marc Williams Without Smiling. God Speed Marc....

No comments:

Post a Comment