Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Bowling Season


The Bowling Season Is Coming To An End. The Tuesday Night League I Bowl On With My Brother Will Be Determined Tonight. Our Season On This League Is Split In Two Parts. Our Team Won The Second Half. Tonight We Bowl To Determine First And Second Place. Our Team Is Considered The New Kid On The Block. This Is Our First Season With This League.
Win Or Lose Tonight I Consider This Season To Be Fun Filled And A Pleasure To Bowl With A Bunch Of Nice Folks. Not Every League Can I Say It's Fun. There Seems To Be A Few People Who Are Determined To Win At Any Cost. I Love The Sport Of Bowling. I Like It Because At My Age It's One Of The Few Sports I Can Participate In At A Level Of Good Competition.
I Currently Bowl On Three Different Leagues But That Will Most Likely Change Next Season. The Back Part Of The Bowling Center Considered The Annex Is A Completely Different Surface. Some Bowlers Seem To Be Able To Adjust To The Different Conditions. Apparently I Cannot. I Have To Use My Plastic Ball To Get A Decent Score. I Doubt I Will Return To That Surface Next Season. I Have Two More Weeks Left On That League And Two Weeks Left On My Thursday Afternoon League With The Old Folks. It Appears I Will Resume The Duties Of President On That League.
So Today I Am Both Eager And Excited About The Results Of The Play Off's Tonight. Years Ago Our Team Had Won First Place And My Dad Was On The Team With Me. That Made It Extra Special. Not Only That We Conquered A Team That Had Dominated The League For A Number Of Years. It Was Like A David And Goliath Type Of Thing. Tonight My Brother Bowls With Me And It Will Give Me Another Good Memory If We Win. However Win Or Lose Tonight Overall I Can Say We Lost To A Team Of Family Members And They Are A Great Bunch Of People.
It's Not Always About Winning You Know. I Just Love To Roll The Bowling Ball Down The Alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment