Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Oven Mit

I Have Been Sick With A Cold The Past Few Days. This Seems To Happen To Me Each And Every Winter. I'm Not Sure Where I Picked The Germ Up At But It Could Have Been Anywhere. I Have A Hand Sanitizer That I will Be Carrying Along With Me From Now On. Don't Get Me Wrong, I Don't Plan On Being A Fanatic When It Comes To Shaking Hands But I Will Be More Aware Of The Things I Touch From Now On.
Germs Can Be Spread On To Others Rather Easily. We Need To Be More Cautious In How We Interact With One Another. Back In The 1980's I Was Given Tuberculosis By Someone. It Was In The Middle Of The Winter And The Doctor Asked Me If I Had Been Around Anyone Sneezing Or Coughing? Well Yea, It Was Winter And People Get Colds In The Winter. It's A Common Thing To See. I Took Care Of That Problem But Have Always Tried To Be Proactive Ever Since.
During This Past Ordeal Of Sickness I Decided To Put An Oven Mit On My Hand To Protect Those Around From Picking Up My Germs On Door Knobs Or Common Items Around The House. The Grand Kids Were Spending The Weekend With Us And I Heard A Few Giggles After They Saw Me Wearing It. Ofcourse They Are Too Young To Fully Understand The Germ Thing But A Lesson Would Be Shown By My Action. Why Should Someone Catch My Germs If I Could Protect Them? So For Three Days I Wore This Oven Mit.
So Far Nobody In The Household Has Caught A Cold. Maybe Preventive Measures Do Help After All.
So Please Be Kind To Me. If You Have A Cold, Tell Others That May Be Near You. Some May Not Want To Be Exposed To Your Sickness. I Know I Would Appreciate It.

No comments:

Post a Comment