Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Difference A Year Can Make



Just One Year Ago Bobby Was Pulling In Fish From A Boat On Lake Vermilion. Him And His Friend Matt Went Catfishing A Lot Last Summer. This Photo Was Just One Example Of His Catch. I Can Still Remember The First Time I Took Bobby Fishing. He Started Out The Same Way I Did. The Basics Of Learning To Be Smarter Than The Fish. A Cane Pole And A Bobber. It Didn't Take Him Very Long Before He Graduated To His Own Pole.
Reminiscing Is Something I Do Often. However That's Not The Reason For The Writing Of This Blog. My Reason Is Detailed At The Conclusion.
In A Previous Blog I Told How I Planted A Rose Of Sharon In Memory Of Bobby On His Birthday. We Have Had A Very Dry Summer This Year. I Watered His Bush Every Other Day. Today It Bloomed For The Very First Time. I Was Totally Shocked Because I Was More Concerned In Getting It Use To It's New Home. Blooming This Year Was The Last Thing I Expected. I Don't Need A Bloom To Remind Me Of My Son. However, Life Goes On. Bobby Was Full Of Life. This Bloom Represents The Life Bobby Had. The End Result As Sad As It Is Can't Be Ignored.
As In Every Good Book Has It's Ending. No Different Than Bobby's Life. It Came To An End Like Mine Will Some Day. I Have No Idea When That Will Be. I Do Hope However Something I Said Or Done Will Leave An Impression On Someone's Life. I Hope To Leave Memories For Someone To Reminisce Someday. That Bloom Brought A Smile To My Face. It Was The Last Thing I Expected. That's My Point. You May Think When You Awake Each Day It Will Be Like Any Other. Life Is Full Of Surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment