Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Calm Before The Storm?


Tomorrow The 13Th Of July Would Have Been Bobby's 30Th Birthday. No Matter How Hard I Try To Ignore The Approaching Date, Nerves Begin To Unravel. Not That I Would Ignore This Special Day, But The Days Leading Up To It I Was Not Expecting.
This Afternoon I Purchased A Rose Of Sharon Shrubbery. It's Beautiful! It Doesn't Have Any Blooms On It Just Yet And It May Not The First Year Planting. It Was Not A Tough Decision In What I Wanted To Plant. A Few Years Ago I Saw One And Fell In Love With It. I Wanted To Get The Multi Colored One But I Was Told They Are Rare And The Photo In A Flower Book Are More Plentiful. Anyhow I Decided On Pink. That's Not My Color, But Bobby's. Bobby Has Commented More Than Once That Real Men Wear Pink.
On July 13, 1981 At 2:32 PM Bobby Joe Miller Was Born To Greg & Billie Jo Miller. Precisely At 2:32 Tomorrow I Will Put Bobby's Shrub Into The Ground. I Am Sure There Will Be Emotions Flowing, But That's To Be Expected.
I Cannot Ignore This Day. If I Did Not Acknowledge His Birth Then No Reason To Celebrate His Life. I Had 29 1/2 Years With Him. I Thank God Today For That Gift.

1 comment: