Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Winter Or Summer? That Is The Question.


A Couple Nights Ago I Watched With Interest An Interview Clip From Last Winter 2009/10. In This Interview Were People That Were Tired Of The Cold Winter Temps And Just Couldn't Wait Until Summer. Fast Forward To The Summer Of 2010. As Most Of Us Know This Summer Has Been A Scorcher And We Just Begun The Month Of August. The Same Person Who Conducted Last Years Interview Decided To Ask People What They Thought Of Summer So Far. Of Course It's Not Surprising To Hear People Say They Are Sick And Tired Of These Hot Temps And Are Looking Forward To Cooler Weather.
Do We Know What We Want? I Was Speaking To An Older Lady This Afternoon As We Wiped The Sweat Off Us I Told Her To Contact Me Again Before October. She Said That's Not A Problem Because She Has A Winter Home In Maine And Would Be Leaving Illinois By Then. Maine? I Have No Idea The Story Behind That But I'm Sure There Is One. I Immediately Said New England Eh? I Then Told Her I Lived On Nantucket For Two Years. Her Reaction Was... Oh Your Parents Are Wealthy. I Chuckled And Told Her Our Nation Was. A Two Year Stint In The Navy Sent Me There When I Was Too Young To Appreciate Where I Was. Of course I Returned To Take Video's Of The Places I Enjoyed Most. One Thing Is For Sure. Winters On Nantucket Island Was Not On Top Of My List. I Cannot Remember Ever Being Someplace Where It Had Been So Cold. It's Funny About The New England States. The Season's Are Nothing Like Illinois. The Seasons Were Hot And Cold. I Can't Remember Experiencing Spring Or Fall.
Any Way, Here In Illinois We Are Experiencing The Dog Days Of Summer.
Boy, I Wish It Would Snow Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment