Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Give It Up Andy


I Always Considered Andy Rooney To Be A Nice Gentleman Who Enjoyed His Many Years Of Journalism. I Use To Enjoy His Ramblings Of The Different "Things" That Got On His Nerves. Each And Every Sunday At The Conclusion Of Sixty Minutes I Would See What Annoyed Andy This Week.
Now I Am Beginning To Let Andy To Get On "My" Nerves. Oh Yes I Realize He Doesn't Care What My Opinions Are Of Him. I Also Understand He May Be A Cranky Old Man Who Should Have Hung Up His Suspenders Long Ago. It's Not That I Don't Like Old Fashion People Or Even Old Fashion Idea's. I Just Think CBS Needs To Offer Him A Good Retirement Plan And Maybe Show Him The Way To The Yellow Brick Road.
Now Don't Get Me Wrong, Old Fashion Can Be Good. I Have Worn My Hair The Same Way For More Than Thirty Years. I Pinch Pennies. I Must Force Myself To Buy Something But Only After I Have Justified It A Hundred Times In My Head. Small Example Will Prove How Eccentric I Really Am. Years Ago I Enjoyed A Popular Pastry. Each Morning I Would Go Through The Drive up And Complete My Order. Pretty Darn Close To A Dollar. A Dollar To Me Is A Significant Number. It's Simple To See It In Realistic Terms. For Example, If I Stopped By That Doughnut Shop Every Day For A Week I Would Spend 7.00. A Month Would Be Thirty Dollars. A Year It Would Be 365.00! Now I Can Think Of Alot Of Things I Could Do With That Kind Of Money. I Could Have It If I Eliminated That Doughnut.
Ok, Back To Andy. He's Like An Old Worn Out Clock. The Clock Has Seen Many Times Of History. Times Are Always Changing And It May Take Some Longer Than Others To Accept It. Complaining About It Won't Accomplish A Thing. I Can't Recall An Episode Where Andy Wasn't Complaining About One Thing Or Another.
I Try To Eliminate Negative Things In My Life. So Andy, Consider Yourself Eliminated.
Now With That Being Said My Mind Took Me To That Doughnut. A Dollar A Day? Seven Dollars A Week? 365.00 A Year? OMG, Now I'm Sounding Like Andy! I Need To Get A Life!

PS. Could You Trim Those Eyebrows Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment