Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just Ten More......

Ever Since My Mother Handed Me 1929, 1930 & 1931 Danville High School Year Books I Could Not Stop Getting Them. If She Had Just Given Me Random Books I Might Not Have Reached The Amount That I Have. In One Of Those Books Was My Grandfather.
I Pick Them Up At Rummage Sales, Estate Sales & EBay. My Mother's Picture Is In A Book As Well As My Siblings And Other Relatives. Having A Weekly Rummage Sale Allows Me To Interact With Other People And Their Interests. I Have Heard Of A Variety Of Collections.
To My Knowledge There Are Only Two Complete Collections Of The Danville High School Yearbook(Medley). The Present Superintendent Of Schools And The Danville Public Library. I Received A Call From My Brother This Past Week. He Told Me He Went On The Danville High Web Page And Noticed They Were Selling Some Of The Yearbooks For Only 5.00 Per Book. I Purchased 6 Books I Did Not Have In My Collection. This Leaves Me Only Ten Books Before I Can Declare I Have A Complete Collection. I Have No Doubt At This Point In Time That I Will Succeed And Become Complete. My Reason For Saying This Is My Missing Books Are Mostly Recent Years. The Collection Starts At 1904. I Have Managed A Book Here And There Until I Have Reached My Most Recent Purchase This Past Week. To Say I Am Excited Would Be An Understatement. Did I Mention I Have Signed Senior Pictures Of Both Dick And Jerry Van Dyke?
All I Ask Is After I Depart This Wonderful World Of Ours, Is Not To Piece These Books Out. Keep The Collection Together And The Value Will Be Much Greater. It Has Taken Me More Than 25 Years To Reach This Point. Once The Collection Is Complete The Perfect Christmas Gift For Me Would Be The Most Recent Yearbook Which Presently Is $60.00.
Some People Collect Frogs, Mice, Bells, Etc. I Want To Be Able To Say One Day If You Attended Danville High School I Have Your Picture.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment