Friday, January 11, 2013

January Thaw

Today's Temperatures Reached 56 Degree's. For As Long As I Can Remember There Has Always Been A January Thaw. Of Course It All Depends On Your Definition Of January Thaw. I Would Say For The Midwest If Temperatures Reach 50 Degree's And Beyond You Are Experiencing A January Thaw.
I Journeyed Out For A Nice Walk This Afternoon. I Enjoyed It But Boy Were My Legs Sore When I Arrived Home. I Will Confess I Have Gained Eight Pounds Since Thanksgiving. I Need To Get That Weight Off Or I Will Have Problems The First Week Of April When I Get Started In My Truck. I Have Three Months To Get Back To Where I Was When I Last Worked On My Truck. I Must Be Cautious Of My Weight If I Want To Continue Doing What I Do In The Summer Months. Otherwise I Would Not Be So Worried About It.
I Enjoy Eating And I Hate Dieting. I Try Not To Use The Diet Word Because I Hate That Word. What I Prefer Is To Stay Active Doing What I Like Best And Watch The Weight  Come Off At The Same Time. My Goal Is To Maintain The Weight I Lost This Past Summer. So Eight Pounds Later I Must Try To Rid Myself Of This Additional Weight To Keep The Promise To Myself.
Tomorrow Promises About The Same Kind Of Weather As Today. After That It's Back To Winter Again. I Tried Walking In The Cooler Temperatures And It Went Ok, With The Exception Of Cold Air Blowing In The Front Of My Jacket. A Few Days Ago I Went Out And Bought A Scarf To Take Care Of That Problem. I Have Never Worn A Scarf Before, But On The Other Hand I Have Never Been As Passionate As I Am Today, To Maintain A Comfortable Weight So I Can Continue Doing What I Feel Is Important In My Life.
I Decided Since I Am Getting Older I Need To Reduce My Weight A Little Each Year To Make My Job Easier To Do. First Things First Though. Get This Eight Pounds Off, Maintain It, And Try To Be 10 Pounds Lighter At The Conclusion Of My Next Summer. Sounds Like A Good Plan To Me. As They Say, Better Said Than Done. I Will Keep You Posted. HOWEVER, You Must Keep Reading My Blog To Find Out What I'm Up To Next.
So Tomorrow As I Enjoy The Last Of The January Thaw I Will Continue My Walks But Just Dress A Little More Warmer While Doing It.













No comments:

Post a Comment