Thursday, January 31, 2013

Easy Slide

Every Time You Visit A Park You Are Bound To See Children Swinging And Sliding. It's Delightful To Watch Them Have Fun. Those Who Knows Me Best Know I Have Been A Little Backward At Times. The Diagnosis Came As A Young Child, But They Didn't Have A Name Fot It Then. If The Teacher Were To Tell The Children To Throw The Ball In The Air And Let It Bounce, You Would See Me Bounce The Ball And Watch It Fly In The Air. It Would Be Me, The One You See Walking Up The Slide Instead Of Sliding Down. I Would Do It For The Challenge. Everybody Slides Down. I Wanted To Be Different And Challenging.
An Old Friend Of Mine Taught Me A Lot About Bowling. He Was A Left Handed Bowler. I Am Left Handed But I Don't Bowl Left Handed. His Name Was Wilbur And He Is No Longer With Us. He Never Joined A League Until After He Retired From The Railroad. Anyway He Bowled A 300 Before He Passed On. He Did Pass On Some Advice To Me Once And It Has Been On My Mind For Several Years. He Told Me Even Though I Was A Right Handed Bowler I Could Reap The Benefits Of Being A Left Handed Bowler. There Is An Advantage Of Being A Left Handed Bowler. The Bowling Ball Travels Through The Oil That Is On The Lane. It Creates Something Like A Roadway Or A Pathway Into The Pocket Of The Pins.
Yesterday I Practiced By Standing To The Far Left Of The Lane. When I Release The Ball It Would Travel On The Left Side Of The Lane. All The Bowlers On My Team And The Other Are All Right Handed Bowlers, And They Bowl On The Right Side Of The Lane. I Was A Mean Mean Man On The Bowling Alley, "Yesterday". I Decided Since I Did So Well Yesterday I Would Try To Bowl The Same Way Hoping For The Same Results. Wrong! I Found Myself Into A Few More Split Situations Than I Normally Get In When I Traditional Bowl. My Reason For Not Moving The First Sign Of Trouble Was Because The Reason My Score Was Below My Average Was Because I Was Not Converting My Spares. By Not Converting Spares Could Do As Much Damage As Finding Yourself In Split Situations.
Cut To The Chase, The Advice That Was Given To Me Was Right On. It Was Premature Of Me To Bring A New Theory Before I Practiced More. I Still Believe In The Concept Of Being The Lone Bowler On The Left Side. I Will Practice More And Come Back Again With More Skill And Confidence. Our Team Lost Every Game. I Didn't Bowl Well At All. However The Other Team Were Hot As A Firecracker. I Added Up The Scores And Instead Of The Score I Received In That Game I Put My Average Instead. Our Team Never Came Close To Beating Them. So No Harm Done Today. However Next Time My Experiencing On The Lanes Should Be Limited In The Future If It Becomes Obvious It's Not Working. Today I Found Myself Being Stubborn Because My Thoughts Were Fixated On Yesterday. The Only Problem With That Is It's Today! A Different Day. So In The Future You Will Never See Me Do It The Traditional Way Because That's The Way We All Are Suppose To Do It. I'll Take The Challenge, But Will Know Next Time To Pay Attention When It's Not Working. Lane Conditions Change All The Time. The Way The Oil Is Spread Can Make The Difference In How You Score. It Takes A Good Bowler To Know When To Move Your Feet To The Left Or To The Right. Adjustments Are Necessary In The Game Of Bowling. So It's True When They Say Practice Makes Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment