Saturday, December 8, 2012

Never Fear, Underdog Is Here....

Bob Link Pictured Here, Recently Passed Away. Again The Date Of November 22nd, A Day I Will Never Forget If You Have Read My Previous Blogs. That's An All Together Different Story.
Once You Met Bob Link You Could Not Help But Like Him. I Met Bob Back In The Early 80's When CB Radio's Were Popular. I Met His Voice First. He Went By The Handle Of Underdog.
After Meeting Him It Was As Though We Had Known Each Other For Years.
One Thing That Stood Out The Most With Bob Was His Relationship With The Lord Was No Secret. He Was A Talented Guitarist And Enjoyed Playing It In Church. He Was A Wonderful Friend That I Will Always Remember. I Seldom Seen Him In The Winter Months. He Lived Across The Street From The Church I Conducted My Sales. He Would Bring Me Outdated Newspapers He Delivered. I Would Wrap The Fragile And Glass Items To Prevent Them From Breaking. He Was A Gentle Soul That I Am Sure Is Enjoying His Eternal Life In Heaven. He Often Shared His Beliefs With Me And I Enjoyed That. I Believe The Reason I Enjoyed This Was Because He Was Never Meek To The Real World. I Have Known Christians To Just Fill In Space And Become Part Of The Crowd. It Was Never A Secret With Bob. If You Knew Bob You Knew He Loved The Lord. He Lived His Mortal Life Knowing One Day His Eternal Life Would Be With God. You Have To Respect A Man For That. 
Bob And I Shared A Touching Moment When I Told Him How I Felt About Organized Religion. It Is The Belief Of Some That If A Person Takes His Life He Goes To Hell. The Thought Of My Son Being In Hell For Eternity Is Heart Wrenching. I Want To Someday Be Reunited With My Son As Well As Others I Believe To Be At Heavens Gate. He Placed His Hand On My Chest And Told Me I Will Find My Peace Within. He Reminded Me To Keep My Trust In Him And Only God Himself Makes That Judgement Call.
I Have Not Had A Conversation With Anyone Else Since On This Subject. I Was Comforted By His Words And I Felt Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment