Friday, November 9, 2012

Kodak Moments


We All Have Them Periodically. Some Times We Appreciate Them And Others Don't Even Realize They Just Experienced A Kodak Moment. A Moment In Time That We Wish We Could Have A Hard Copy Image Of. However Many Of Us Store This Memory In Our Minds And Cherish It Forever .We All Have These Kodak Moments Over The Years.
I Will Have A Kodak Moment Tomorrow And Sunday. Each Year Our State Conducts A Senior Bowling Tournament. Men And Women Over The Age Of 55 Compete With Others In Their Age Division. This Will Be My Third And Last Tournament Bowling With My Parents. They Have Reached The Time Both Age And Pain Makes It Convincingly Clear They Can No Longer Compete In The Sport They Have Loved For Many Years. Bowling Is Not Just A Sport To Them. Years Of Memories And Creating Friendships With Those Who Also Enjoy Bowling. A Weekly Social Event For Both Of Them. I Had The Privilege Of Bowling Weekly With My Parents For Seven Years. Our Teams Name Is The Keenagers.
The Finale In Bowling With My Parents Will Be This Weekend. They No Longer Bowl On Our Weekly League. The State Tournament This Year Will Be In Champaign, Illinois. Just a 45 Minute Drive. Each Year We Always Looked Forward To This Event. In Years Past We Would Stay Over Night In A Hotel. The Distance For This Years Event Saves Us The Hotel Need.
Regardless, This Next Two Days Will Be One I Will Look Back At For Years To Come. I Plan To Take My Camera With Me So I Can Capture Those Special Kodak Moments.
My Dad Will Soon Be 80 Years Old. I Know I Won't Have Him Around Forever. I Am Always Reading Obituaries Of Classmates Parents Who Have Passed. I Feel Blessed To Have Both My Parents. We Try To Spend As Much Time Doing Different Things Just To Spend Quality Time Together. Some Day I Will Be Looking Back At All These Kodak Moments. At This Moment Though I Intend To Just Keep Creating Other Kodak Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment