Thursday, November 22, 2012



I Would Like To Thank My Father This Year For Taking My Family In A New Direction. It Is Not My Intent For Any Of My Readers To Leave My Blog In Tears. Yes I Do Pour My Heart Out In My Writings. The Next Blog Under This One Was Written With A Heavy Heart. November 22nd Of Every Year Will Always Carry The Memory Of The Last Date I Saw My Son Bobby Alive. This Year It Landed On Thanksgiving. I Remember Last Thanksgiving Was Kind Of A Blur. It Sure Didn't Have The Same Feeling As Thanksgivings Of Years Past.
We Knew We Had More Thanksgivings In The Future Without Our Beloved Bobby. This Year My Father Did What Good Fathers Do. He Guided Us Into A Different Path. A New Path That We Could Always Reflect Back On Past Thanksgivings And Remember Them All With A Smile. My Father Treated Us To A Thanksgiving Dinner To A Popular Buffet That Had All The Holiday Trimmings We Are Accustomed To. He Paid For My Entire Family Including My Brother Tuck And His Wife. For Others On The Outside Looking In Appeared To Be A Generous Man Willing To Pay For A Family Gathering. Yet It Is Much More Than That. My Father Started A New Tradition For My Family. Next Thanksgiving Will Be Celebrated At A Restaurant. I Know It Must Look Rather Cold To Gather In A Restaurant Atmosphere For A Traditional Meal. You Would Be Shocked To See This Restaurant Filled To Capacity. I Don't Know Their Reasons For Being There. Some May Not Want To Slave In A Kitchen All Day For A Meal That Will Take 20-30 Minutes To Eat. No Matter Their Reason It Has Nothing To Do With Mine. A New Beginning, A New Chapter Has Been Written For Our Future Thanksgivings. It's Comforting For Me, My Wife, And My Daughter. We All Remember The Thanksgivings Of The Past. I Think We Would Appreciate The Remembrance To Be Sacred. I Don't Want To Confuse My Grandson Though. He Will Most Likely Grow Up Thinking Most Families Enjoy This Feast In A Restaurant Setting. I Will Someday Set Him Down And Explain To Him Why We Do Things Differently. Thanksgiving Is What You Make It. My Family Was In Limbo. We Needed A Little Guidance Like What Happened Today. Maybe Next Year We Can Add A Few Euchre Games After The Meal. We Just Needed To Get Away From What We Always Did On Thanksgiving.
The Healing Continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment