Saturday, August 25, 2012

Man On The Moon


As I Walked Across The Parking Lot Of Our County Market The Moon Stood Out As If It's Suppose To. Today Neil Armstrong Passed Away At The Age Of 82.
On July 20, 1969 Many Americans Were Watching Television To Capture The Image Of The First Man To Step On The Moon Surface. It Was A Wonderful And An Eventful Day. I Was 14 Years old When I Answered The Front Door Bell. It Was Mr Dill From Across The Street. He Spoke very Politely To Me And I Was Just A Kid. He Asked If My Family Was Going To Watch The Moon Landing. I Assured Him We Were. He Asked If He Could Come In And Witness It. Mr Dill Was A Very Religious Man. His Family Never Watch Television. I Can Remember It As If It Was Yesterday. Our Television Was A Simple Black And White. It Was Ok With Us.
"That's One Small Step For Man, One Giant Leap For Mankind". Those Words Were Etched Into History As Well As Our Memories.
A Mission President John F Kennedy Hope For; "I believe this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before the decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to Earth," Kennedy had said. "No single space project in this period will be more impressive to mankind, or more important to the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish."
Several Space Missions Since. I Have Always Believed In Exploration. I Am Pleased This Mission Happened In My Lifetime. We Are Only Living In A Speckle Of Time. Many Things Happened Before We Were Born. Many Things Will Happen After We Die.

Neil Armstrong's Family Released This Statement Today.
"Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."





No comments:

Post a Comment