Saturday, July 10, 2010

Creating A Memory


It Was A Typical Hot And Sweaty July Afternoon. It Was Nearly 7PM Before I Finished For The Day. I Knew If I Finished Early Enough I Would Be Able To Catch The Second Game Of A Double Header With The Danville Dan's. I Called My Brother Tuck And Was Told They Left After Watching The First Game. They Told Me My Dad Left As Well. My Dad Try's To Attend All The Home Games Since He Has A Season Pass. This Being Saturday Night And Church Is Tomorrow Morning, So One Was Enough For Him.
After I Showered I Was Heading Out The Door To Catch The Second Game. My Grandson Andres Asked If He Could Go. I Told Him Sure, Let's Go.
As We Approached The Stadium The Lights Glowed And The Sounds Of Baseball Became A Reality For An Eight Year Old On The Eve Of His 9th Birthday. He Looked Up At Me And Told Me He Has Never Been To A Big Ball Field Before. You Could Hear The Excitement In His Voice As His Eyes Roamed Throughout The Stadium. Nachos And A Snow Cone Was The Choice Of Food For The Game. Of Course He Had A Million And One Questions But That Was To Be Expected. I Was More Than Willing To Answer Them All Because A Memory Was Being Created Tonight. He Will Fondly Remember His First Big League Game With His Pappy. I Enjoyed Being A Part Of The Memory.
Not Only Was It A Memory For Him, It Was Also For Me.
Happy Birthday Beano! Pappy Loves You Very Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment