Friday, December 12, 2014

The Lady In Red

You Will Get Use To Some Of The Names In My Writings As You Read Them In Future Blogs. My Brother Tuck And I Attended A Play At A Local Church Last Sunday Night. The Play Was About A Family Who Loved To Listen To The Radio Around The Times Of WW2. It Was An Ok Performance, I Have Seen Better. Overall Though I Enjoyed Going And It Gave My Brother And I A Memory. You Will Notice In Some Of My Blogs I Will Make Mention Of Creating Memories. I Think That Is One Of The Most Important Things A Person Can Do In Their Life. Create Memories. You Create Them With People You Love Or Enjoy Being Around. I Often Sit Back And Reminisce Of Times Of The Past With My Grandpa. Memories Of My Grade School Days. How About Anything That Brings A Smile To Your Face?
Anyway Back To The Play. There Was A Choir That Sang In Different Segments Of This Play. The Gentlemen And Women Wore Clothing They Wore Back In The 1940's. Everybody In That Choir Had A Songbook With The Exception Of The Lady In Red. She Was An Elderly Woman And My Eyes Were Focussed On Her Lips. She Didn't Need A Song Book. She Mouthed Every Word Correctly Where You Would See She Didn't Miss A Word. Yet The Others Would Glance In The Book To Be Sure Of The Correct Words.
So The Play Was Focussed On The Day Surrounding The Bombing Of Pearl Harbor And The Effects It Had On This Particular Family.
I Seen Some Friends I Hadn't Seen For A Few Years. I Consider Myself A Controlled Fellowshipper.(Is There Such A Word?). I Decide Whether Or Not I Approach The Individual. If I Choose Not To It's Not A Bad Thing. Maybe I Have A Good Show Coming On At 9pm And Only Have Ten Minutes To Get There. Quickly I will Include My Dress Attire Was Some What Questionable. I Asked Tuck Prior The Suggested Dress For The Evening. He Told Me He Was Going To Sit In The Balcony. I Wore A Nice pair Of Jeans And A New Sweatshirt. I Knew They Were Going To Recognize All Of The Veterans. I Thought Maybe They Would Ask Them To Stand. Wrong! They Asked The To Come Forward And Our Mayor Said A Few Remarks And Declared That Date To Be For Those Who Served.
I Stayed Back Because Of How I Was Dressed. After Looking At These Veterans Who In My Opinion Were Not Dressed As Well As I Was, I Knew I Should Have Come Forward. I Will Be The First To Admit That It's Difficult To Adapt To The 21st Century. We Are Almost 15 Years Into It And I Still Have The Old Fashioned Way Of Thinking. Maybe I Am Getting Old. They Say Age Is Just A Number. I Do Agree With That. I Think The One Thing That Bothers Me The Most About Getting Old Is When You Are Registering For Something On These Computers And It Asked For The Year You Were Born. It Has A Window You Can Click On And It Gives You The Year In Which You Were Born. It's Very Depressing When You Have To Keep Scrolling To Get To The Year You Were Born.
To The Lady In Red; If You Ever Read This Blog, which I Highly Doubt That You Will, I Want To Tell You I Enjoyed Watching You Sing Those Christmas Songs Without The Assistance Of The Song Book. I Think That Impressed Me The Most.....Mac

1 comment:

  1. We know the LADY in RED. I recognized her that night but now I need a copy of the list of choir members to prod me. All I*need are the names.

    ReplyDelete