Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mum's The Word

What A Beautiful Reminder Of Two People I Loved So Much. In A Much Earlier Blog I Explained About The Mum's. For Those Who Missed Reading It Let Me Briefly Explain How They Came About.
At A Family Reunion I was Presented With A Mum In Memory Of My Sister Who Passed Away On July 4th, 2010. We Brought Them Home And Bobby Asked If He Could Plant Them In The Front Yard. I Told Him He Could But Warned Him They May Not Survive. Even Though We See Many Mum's Being Sold In The Fall Months, The Actual Planting Of Mum's Are Suppose To Be In The Spring. After He Planted Them He Told Me He Put His Memory Stone He Got At Brenda's Funeral Next To The Mum's He Planted. He Grinned And Told Me They Will Be Back In The Spring Time.
Bobby Didn't Live To See Spring Time. He Passed Away On December 29th 2010. I Had Covered The Mums With Plenty Of Leaves To Protect Them From Winters Brutal Temperatures. I Uncovered Them In March. They Were Wilted And Obviously Dead. Of Course I Was Disappointed But Knew The Chance We Took By Planting Them In The Fall Months. A Couple Weeks Later While Mowing I Seen A Few Leaves On A Stem Very Close To The Ground Where The Mums Were Planted. I Decided To Keep An Eye On Them To See If It Was Indeed The Mum Or Just A Weed. As The Weeks Passed It Got Larger. By Mid Summer I Realized It Had Survived The Winter And I Would Soon Have A Reminder Of My Sister Brenda. She Loved Plants Anyway, So Maybe It Had A Little Help From Heaven.
The Reunion Came Around Again. I Was Presented Another Potted Mum In Memory Of Bobby. To Be Honest About It I Decided To Not Attend Any More Reunions But I Suspected To Be Presented A Mum In Remembrance Of Bobby. Some May Consider It Selfish. I Wanted Another Potted Mum To Plant Next To His Aunt Brenda Whom He Loved Very Much. She Was Considered His Favorite Aunt. I Got That Mum And Decided To Plant It Right Beside Brenda's Mum. Knowing It Too May Not Survive The Winter, But I Wanted To Do It For Bobby. The Photo At The Beginning Of The Blog Was A Photo I Took Yesterday. The Right Side Of This Mum Was Originally Brenda's. Oh Incidently When I Planted Bobby's Mum I Found The Memory Stone He Planted Next To Her Mum. I Asked My Mother For A Memory Stone That Was Given Away At Bobby's Funeral. I Won't Give Them Up. I Always Carry A Memory Stone Of Both Brenda And Bobby And I Always Will. I Suspect Bobby's Side To Come In Full Bloom In A Matter Of Days Or A Week. When It Does I Will Place It At The Bottom Of This Blog. It Is Something I Will Always Look Forward To Each Year. It's A Love Story That Continues Through Death. Brenda Loved Bobby Like The Son She Never Had. I Think It's Quite Appropriate The Two Mums Became One. Oh How I Miss Them Both........

No comments:

Post a Comment