Tuesday, June 14, 2011


I Met Up With My Grandson Blake Tonight At The Danville Dan's Ball Stadium. I'm Glad He Decided To Go. My Brother Invited Him A Week Ago But Blake Backed Out At The Last Minute. I Was Going To Surprise Him By Me Going As Well. Blake Is At His Happiest When He Is In His Space Playing Video Games. I Certainly Don't Fault Him By Doing What Pleases Him.
It's Ok For What We Done Tonight. My Hat Is Off To Him. Even Though Baseball Is Not His Cup Of Tea He Did It For Me. I Invited Him And He Didn't Want To Disappoint Me By Declining. Life Is About Choices And Sacrifices. Yes He Could Have Stayed Home And Done What He Likes Best But Decided To Do Something Different, Plus Create A Memory For The Two Of Us. That's What It's All About! I Can Remember Special Moments When I Was Just A Kid And The Things I Did With My Grandparents. Now That I Am A Grandpa I Know The Memory We Created Tonight Will Be In His Memory When He Becomes A Grandpa.
I Don't Want To Lose The Connection Blake And I Have Had Over The Years. When He Was Younger It Was Simpler To Please Him. Now That His Interest Are Limited It Becomes Harder To Please Him. I Mentioned Bowling As We Were Parting Ways Tonight. His Eyes Lit Up, So I Knew That Was Right Down His Alley. No Pun Intended.
So I Guess If I Want To Maintain A One On One Relationship With Him It Will Most Likely Be At The Bowling Alley. That's Good Because That's Something We Can Participate And Compete. Blake Recently Turned 12 And He Doesn't Like To Hang With His Sister. I Have To Find Out What Her Interest Are So I Can Maintain A Close Relationship. I Have Friends Who Are Rather Active With Their Grandchildren. I Am Envious Of Them And I Hope To Someday Build What They Have.
In The Meantime I Am Glad We Had The Opportunity To Hang A Little Tonight. Even Though I Don't Think We Will Do Baseball Again I Think We Will Build Those Memories Right At The Bowling Alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment