Saturday, November 22, 2008

Faceoff At The Pharmacy


Today's Encounter At The Pharmacy Was Just A Speckle In Time When It Comes To My Many Opinions Of The Pharmacutical Empires. Today Is Not The Day For Me To Shout Out To The World My Feelings Of Unjust cost To The Consumers. Big Business And Pharmacutical Company's Report Record Profits! I Will Save It For A Different Day.
Today I Went To Pick Up Billie's Prescription At Walmart. Her Medicines Usually Cost About 4.00. After Telling The Clerk The Name She Went To Retrieve The Meds. When She Returned She Informed Me I Had To Sign The Little Box Then Hit Enter So It Will Show I Payed The Co-Payment. I Told Her I Didn't Have Insurance. She Looked At Me In Disgust As If It Was My Fault I Didn't Tell Her This First! Hmm, Well Anyway After This Remark It Became Apparent To Me Why She Thought This Would Be Charged On Insurance.
The Clerk Looked At Me And Told Me It Would Be 4$?.00. I Looked At Her And Said, WHAT? She Then Leaned Forward And Said In A Much Louder Tone, The Amount is 4$?.00.
I Said, Yea, Yea, I Can Hear Just Fine Mam, I Was Just Startled At The Amount You Had Just Given Me. I Told Her I'm Not Going To Pay That Rediculous Price!
I Did Pay For My Crackers At The Pharmacy.
It's Funny How We Etch Certain Things In Our Minds Of Importance. I Will Always Remember The Clerks Words Coming From Her Mouth In Slow Motion...4$?.00. That Clerk Won't Even Remember Me Tomorrow...Go Figure.